Gestern Abend gab ArenaNet bekannt, dass das erste Beta-Wochenend-Event von Guild Wars 2 vom 27.04.-29.04.2012 stattfinden wird. Nun veröffentlichte der Entwickler weitere Details und verriet u.a., wann genau das Event starten wird.
Starten wird das erste Beta-Wochenend-Event von Guild Wars 2 am Freitag, den 27.04.2012 um 21 Uhr unserer Zeit (Friday, April 27, at noon PDT), enden am Montag, 30.04.2012 um 08:59 Uhr (Sunday, April 29, at 11:59 p.m. PDT). Drei wichtige Punkte nannte das Team in Bezug auf das anstehende Event:
- Garantierten Zugang zu diesem und allen weiteren Beta-Wochenend-Events erhältst du nur, wenn du Guild Wars 2 vorab kaufst. » Guild Wars 2 Key-Preisvergleich
- Spieler, die Guild Wars 2 vorab gekauft haben, erhalten nächste Woche eine E-Mail mit Anweisungen, wie der Client heruntergeladen und an der Beta teilgenommen werden kann.
- Das Event unterliegt keiner NDA, du kannst also nach Belieben Screenshots und Videos veröffentlichen, über Guild Wars 2 berichten, …
We’re counting the days until the first public Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend Event, which begins on Friday, April 27, at noon PDT (GMT-8) and ends on Sunday, April 29, at 11:59 p.m. PDT (GMT-8). Hundreds of thousands of players from around the world will get their first taste of Guild Wars 2—and rest assured, we’ll be playing alongside them!
There are a couple important things you need to know about this Beta Weekend Event:
- The only way to absolutely guarantee your access to this or any future Beta Weekend Events is to pre-purchase any edition of Guild Wars 2.
- Customers who have pre-purchased the game will receive an e-mail next week with instructions on how to download the client and participate in the Beta.
- This is a public event, which means that you’re not bound by a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). So go ahead, feel free to take screenshots, shoot video, blog, tweet, write, or compose a rock opera to share your Guild Wars 2experience with the world.
Let’s take a look at all the cool stuff you’ll be doing during the Beta Weekend Event.
Choices, Choices – You’ll create your own personalized charr, human, or norn character and pick from our eight powerful professions. Your choice of race is vital to your personal story, and it determines in which of the huge starting areas you begin as well. A noble human mesmer will have a radically different game experience than a charr engineer in the service of the Iron Legion. Fortunately, you can roll more than one character and sample each starting area for yourself!
Worlds Collide – If you want your PvP on an epic scale, look no further than World vs. World, where three teams comprising hundreds of players wage open war across four vast maps. You’ll lay siege to castles, raid supply camps, build devastating weaponry, ambush your foes, and leap into truly massive PvP battles—all for the glory of the server. We’re warning you: WvW is so addictive that you may spend the entire Beta Weekend Event there!
PvP For You and Me – After you’ve gotten your feet wet, put your newfound skills to the test in Guild Wars 2 PvP, where small teams battle for points on a variety of challenging, compact maps. We adjust the level of PvP combatants so that all players are on equal footing. If you’ve got a competitive streak or you like playing first-person shooters online, you owe it to yourself to try out Guild Wars 2 PvP!
I Love L.A. – For the first time ever, we’re opening the metropolis of Lion’s Arch to beta players. Wander the streets of this cosmopolitan trade hub, chat with traders and travelers from every corner of Tyria, hop through one of the many asura gates to points beyond, or discover the famed diving platform at Diverse Ledges. Lion’s Arch is a city like no other!
As you can see, there’s a ton of stuff to do in the upcoming Beta Weekend Event on April 27-29. It’s honestly way more content than one person can experience in 60 hours of playing—and we haven’t even included the asura and sylvari in this beta! Fortunately, this will not be the last Beta Weekend Event before launch—stay tuned for more news regarding the next event.
We’ll see you in-game! (Quelle)